1. Where are you located?
Cerrato’s Pastry Shop is located at 255 Elm Street West Springfield, Massachusetts. Our store phone number is 413-781-1139.
2. What are your store hours?
The store is open Monday-Saturday 8:00am – 6:00pm and Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm
3. Do your store hours change for holidays?
Depending on the holiday, our store hours may change. For Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, please check our posts on our website and Facebook page throughout the season, otherwise, please call the store for details.
4. Do your products contain nuts?
Cerrato’s Pastry Shop is NOT a nut-free bakery. Please inquire prior to placing an order or purchasing cakes or desserts.
5. How soon should I order my cake?
Cerrato’s Pastry Shop requires one week notice for our regular menu cakes. All custom order cakes require at least 3 – 4 weeks’ notice. A 50% deposit is required for all custom ordered cakes. Final payments are due 2 weeks prior to event. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please note that we require 72 hours’ notice for any and all cancellations or changes EXCEPT cakes with fondant figurines. Due to the time needed to create and dry these elements, cancellations will not be accepted after 5 days prior to the pickup date.
6. Do I need to make an appointment when ordering a custom cake?
An appointment is needed for Custom Cakes and Wedding Cakes. Please call to set up an appointment and our staff can help you.
7. How do you price out your cakes?
Our cakes are priced based on the size of the cake and the design. All of our cakes are custom designed and decorating pricing may vary. Please note that prices are subject to change due to the nature of our products.
8. Freshness: Do the cookies I order need to be refrigerated?
All of our cookies are made with NO PRESERVATIVES. Your selections are baked and hand-packed to order, then sealed to protect freshness during shipping. They are meant to be enjoyed when you receive them. After receiving your cookies they should be eaten within 1-3 days. Cookies can be refrigerated or frozen in proper containers to be kept longer.
9. My party is on Sunday, but I am picking my cake up on Saturday. Will my cake still be fresh?
Yes, keep your cake refrigerated. See our Cake Tips for more information.
10. Do you offer any other products for special dietary needs?
We do offer gluten-free cakes and cupcakes. Please contact us for more specific information regarding ingredients that you may be sensitive to.
11. How do you color your buttercream? ?
We use high quality food coloring available to color our buttercream. Please keep in mind that excessive amounts of food coloring in our buttercream MAY stain and MAY change the flavor.
12. Can you match colors for my cake?
If you provide a swatch or swatches, we will do our best to match to the color(s) as close as possible, but please keep in mind that due to food coloring limitations, we may not be able to match all colors and we cannot guarantee an exact.
13. Can I provide a picture for you to use to decorate my cake?
Yes, of course! Please do keep in mind that all of our cakes are created freehand and, therefore, will not be an exact replica of any materials provided to us for duplication.
14. Can you put a photograph or picture directly onto a cake?
If you email your picture to us, we can print it on an edible image paper, creating an image. This edible image can go directly onto your cake.
15. Will my cake look exactly like the cakes that are on the website?
While every cake/image on our website has been created by Cerrato’s Pastry Shop, not every cake will be an exact replica of the image. We pride ourselves on the fact that we hire cake "artists" not just "cake decorators". With that said, every 'artist' has his/her style/technique of creating cakes. Just like true artists, they have different talents & abilities. We recognize these differences and process our work to our talented staff by each of their own talents & abilities.
16. Why do we need to give 3 – 4 weeks’ notice on custom orders?
We like to explain to our customers that our ‘cake artists’ book up during their week with the work load they are given. To ensure a custom cake, made by one of our talented team, we need advance notice so they can prioritize and give the correct amount of time needed for each cake creation they make.
17. For character cakes, do you hand draw the characters on the cake?
Depending on size, medium and other artwork for the cake, hand drawn characters may be an option. Edible images are sometimes used and embellished if needed or to deliver the most accurate representation of the character. Your cake artist will determine the best approach for your cake order.
1. What is your pricing structure for wedding cakes?
Our pricing ranges from $2.75 to $ up.. per serving depending on the flavor of cake and filling you choose. The design fee will vary depending on the design you choose and the delivery fee will depend on your reception location. When meeting with our consultants, you will receive an estimate based on your custom designed cake.
2. What size cake do I need?
Depending on the number of guests you’ll be having and how your cake is being served will determine the final size of your cake.
3. Can you deliver my wedding cake?
Cerrato’s Pastry Shop delivers to Western Massachusetts and Connecticut. Our delivery fees are available upon request. Please contact us to inquire about your specific location.
4. What shapes do you offer?
Our wedding cakes are available in round, square and hexagon as well combining multiple shapes.
5. Can I have multiple flavors within my cake?
Yes, this is an option and a great way to offer delicious choices to your guests.
6. Does Cerrato’s Pastry Shop provide fresh flowers for my cake?
Cerrato’s Pastry Shop does not provide the flowers, however will speak to your florist to confirm the size, shape and set up of your wedding cake.
7. Can I make an appointment for a wedding consultation?
Absolutely! Our wedding consultants are available to meet with you for a wedding cake consultation. Please call 413-781-1139 to schedule an appointment.
8. When should I reserve the date for my wedding cake?
Meet with us anywhere from 3 – 6 months prior to your wedding date. A 50% deposit is required to reserve your date. With final payment due 2 weeks prior to your wedding date.
9. How do I select a design for my wedding cake?
The design our decorator places onto your wedding cake can be as traditional or as creative as you wish. At Cerrato’s Pastry Shop, we will custom design your wedding cake. You are welcome to choose from the many designs that we have in our portfolio or if you have a design in mind, please let us know so we can create something unique for you!
10. If I want ribbon on my wedding cake and my wedding cake is being ordered through my reception location, when do I need to provide the ribbon?
If your wedding cake is being ordered through your reception location but you are providing the ribbon, it needs to be in our hands, at Cerrato’s Pastry Shop, the week before your wedding. If it is not, then we will default to using ribbon that we have in stock. Check with your reception location on the best way to get the ribbon to us.
11. Should I save the top tier for my first anniversary?
When you book your wedding cake with us, please let us know so we can provide an anniversary cake to celebrate with a fresh, delicious cake prepared especially for you.
Tips for Getting Your Cake Home Safely
Thank you for purchasing a cake from Cerrato’s Pastry Shop. We take great care and pride in each cake we create. Many of our cakes require gentle care and handling. In order to ensure that your cake arrives at its’ destination in the condition in which it left our store, we would like to give you some helpful tips:
1. Always carry your cake by its base. Make sure you don’t put pressure on the sides or top of the box, which could press against the cake and damage it.
2. Put your cake on a flat surface in your car. We do not recommend placing your cake on the front or back seat!
3. Do not put your cake in the trunk of your car UNLESS it is cold outside (50 degrees or below is recommended).
4. Turn on the air conditioning in your car during warmer months, especially if the cake will be in the car more than a half hour.
5. Drive carefully! Especially if your cake is two tiers or larger. Sudden stops or turns could cause the cake to shift.
6. Make sure the area you are putting your cake in is free of debris or items that could roll into or fall onto your cake during transport.
Storing Your Cake at Home:
1. Refrigerate your cake if it:
- Has fresh fruit or mousse filling
- Has whipped cream frosting or filling
- Is a two-tier cake or larger
2. Buttercream cakes do not need to be refrigerated, but should be kept in a cool (approximately 70 degrees) environment. Your cake is best when served at room temperature. Take it out of the refrigerator at least a half hour before serving, more for larger cakes.
Contact: (413) 781-1139